College is both a stimulating and stressful time for students. For the two-thirds of PTC students who also are students with children, college poses a special challenge. Students, as parents, must balance multiple demands on their time and energy. The Student-Parent Success program supports parents while attending college -- helping them be successful students while balancing their coursework and life at home. We assist with linking students to resources on campus and within the community to meet individual and family needs.
- One-to-one support
- Lactation/Wellness Room
- Laptop Loan Program
- Resources and referrals (on and off campus)
- Family-friendly study space
- Child care information
- Scholarship links
- Emergency services
- Parent Support Groups ("Parents' Café")
- Parent mentors
- and more!
Join us at Parents' Café every other week - a place where student-parents gather for FREE lunch, fun, and support. Special guests will be invited to these sessions to answer your questions about life as a student and the challenges you face.
Thursday (every-other week)
11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Room 91
February 6 & 20
March 6 & 20
April 3 & 17
May 1 & 8
Monday Yoga Sessions (every week)
4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in Room 270
FREE!! to Parenting Students!
Improve your brain function, lower stress levels and blood pressure, reduce anxiety and body pain, and build stronger bones and muscle!
Mats are available if you do not own one.
Feb. 3, 10, 24
March 3, 18, 24, 31
April 7, 14, 21, 28
May 5 (Room 800)
- Child Care Aware, at PTC
- Pine Children's Early Learning Center, located on the PTC campus
- Parents Know, parenting resources A-Z
- Home, Family and Community Resources, healthcare and insurance, to housing, to food shelter locations
Contact the Student-Parent Support Program Director for more information.
- Tel: 320-629-5198
- Visit: Located in "The Cottage," at the north end of the PTC campus/west of the main parking lot.