College is both a stimulating and stressful time for students. For the two-thirds of PTC students who also are students with children, college poses a special challenge. Students, as parents, must balance multiple demands on their time and energy. The Student-Parent Success program supports parents while attending college -- helping them be successful students while balancing their coursework and life at home. We assist with linking students to resources on campus and within the community to meet individual and family needs.
- One-to-one support
- Lactation/Wellness Room
- Laptop Loan Program
- Resources and referrals (on and off campus)
- Family-friendly study space
- Child care information
- Scholarship links
- Emergency services
- Parent Support Groups ("Parents' Café")
- Parent mentors
- and more!
Join us at the Parents' Cafés, every other Tuesday - a place where student-parents gather for food, fun, and support, 11:30 a.m. through 1 p.m, Room 52.
- Mar. 19
- April 2
- April 16
- April 30
- May 14
Parent Education Sessions
Join us at Parent Education Sessions - a place for parenting students to learn from a certified educator, as well as to enjoy free lunch or snacks!
- Tues. Mar. 19, 4 to 5 p.m., Rm. 50
- Mon. Mar. 25, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Rm. 50
- Mon. Apr. 1, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Rm. 50
- Mon. Apr. 8, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Rm. 50
- Wed. Apr. 18, 2 to 3 p.m., Rm. 51
- Mon. Apr. 22, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Rm. 50
- Fri. May 3, Noon to 1 p.m., Rm. 50
For more information...
Contact Laureen Williams, Student-Parent Support Program Director, for more information.
- Tel: 320-629-5198
- E-mail: WilliamsL@pinetech.edu
- Visit: Located in "The Cottage," at the north end of the PTC campus/west of the main parking lot.