College is both a stimulating and stressful time for students. For the two-thirds of PTC students who also are students with children, college poses a special challenge. Students, as parents, must balance multiple demands on their time and energy. The Student-Parent Support program supports parents while attending college -- helping them be successful students while balancing their coursework and life at home. We assist with linking students to resources on campus and within the community to meet individual and family needs.
- One-to-one support
- Lactation/Wellness Room
- Laptop Loan Program
- Resources and referrals (on and off campus)
- Family-friendly study space
- Child care information
- Scholarship links
- Emergency services
- Parent Support Groups ("Parents' Café")
- Parent mentors
- and more!
Join us at Parents' Café everyother week - a place where student-parents gather for FREE lunch, fun, and support. Special guests will be invited to these sessions to answer your questions about life as a student and the challenges you face.
Every other Thursday for Spring 2015 Semester
11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Room 51
February 5 & 19
March 5 & 19
April 2 & 16 & 30
Yoga Sessions - FREE for Parenting Students!
Stay tuned for Spring 2015 Session Dates
Improve your brain function, lower stress levels and blood pressure, reduce anxiety and body pain, and build stronger bones and muscle!
Mats are available if you do not own one.
- Child Care Aware, at PTC
- Pine Children's Early Learning Center, located on the PTC campus
- Parents Know, parenting resources A-Z
- Student Parent Support Initiative, Minnesota Department of Health
- Home, Family and Community Resources, healthcare and insurance, to housing, to food shelter locations
Contact the Laureen Williams, Student-Parent Support Program Director, for more information.
- Tel: 320-629-5198
- Email: WilliamsL@pinetech.edu