We've moved!

We're happy to announce that with the change to Pine Technical & Community College, our website has moved to www.pine.edu!

We recommend updating your bookmarks to the new domain. We'll be phasing out our pinetech.edu domain in the coming months and the information below may not be current.

Go to the new website now!

Counseling Services

Personal, Academic and Career Counseling

Kathy Arola, Counselor, MA, LP, is available to help you with personal, academic and career concerns. Conversations are confidential, and you may drop-by the Counselor's office in Student Affairs any time, or set up an appointment with the receptionist at a time that is convenient. You are encouraged to talk to the Counselor when life gets in the way of your success in classes! Contact the Counselor by e-mail at arolak@pinetech.edu or call 320.629.5100 or 800.521.7463. 

Mental Health Topics

Some common mental health issues college counselors discuss with students are depression, anxiety, grief, relationships and parenting. If you are interested in discussing any issues challenging your life, contact our Counselor for an appointment, 320-629-5100.
View more about Mental Health Topics.

Emergency Resources

If you are having a personal emergency and need immediate help, call 911. Emergency resources are listed on the following pages for: Information by county and type of help; Suicide hotlines, domestic violence and sexual assault; Child abuse prevention; and, Drug/alcohol abuse.
View more about Emergency Resources.

Career Counseling

Individual Career Counseling is available for students and prospective students. If you are unsure about your career direction, thinking about changing your major, or transitioning from work to school, make an appointment to meet with our counselor. Career assessments may be utilized as a starting point for your exploration of different career options.
View more about Career Counseling.

Academic Resources

Access many excellent resources on topics like study skills, test taking, memory and concentration, and more.
View more about Academic Resources.

Academic Warning and Probation

When the cumulative GPA falls below 2.0 OR the cumulative credit completion falls below 67%, the student is placed on either Academic Warning (first semester) or Probation (following a successful suspension appeal).
View more about Academic Warning and Probation.

Academic Suspension

If you are unable to complete the requirements for warning / probation for GPA and credit completion, you will be suspended at the end of the term. Suspensions are for one semester (plus summer) to one year, depending on whether this is your first or second suspension.
View more about Academic Suspension.

Additional Resources On-Campus

Instructor Office Hours

Your instructor has office hours usually posted on the syllabus. Take advantage of this service, by preparing your questions ahead of time and clearly explaining your difficulties to the instructor.  A few minutes may make a huge difference. Your respectful manner will open many doors.

Disability Services

If you think you might have a disability that affects your learning, contact Disability Services. You may qualify for accommodations if you have documentation for your disability which may include physical, psychological, or learning disabilities.

Academic Skills Center

Use the Academic Skills Center for peer tutoring and get ahead with your learning. It's easy to set up a session with a tutor who can show you ways to be more efficient with your studying. Contact the Academic Skills Center to schedule an individual or group tutoring session.


--  A Faculty Guide: Classroom Strategies for Teaching Students with Psychological and Learning Disabilities
--  Academic Probation Research