We've moved!

We're happy to announce that with the change to Pine Technical & Community College, our website has moved to www.pine.edu!

We recommend updating your bookmarks to the new domain. We'll be phasing out our pinetech.edu domain in the coming months and the information below may not be current.

Go to the new website now!

Future Students

Questions about attending PTC? Contact us!

What's the best way to know if Pine Technical College is right for you? Come for a Campus Visit! Visiting the PTC campus is a tried and true way to learn if the PTC campus community and atmosphere fit you. Receive program, admissions and financial aid information, and learn how PTC's approach to education helps students succeed. Get to know PTC at a Campus Visit. Or, contact us with your questions. We're delighted you're considering attending PTC.

Contacting PTC

-- 800.521.7463 (toll free)
-- 320.629.5100 (local)
-- 320.629.5101 (fax)
-- information@pinetech.edu
-- To directly contact PTC staff and faculty members, use the Staff and Faculty Directory.

First-Time Students

Is it your first time attending college? The process is easier than you might think. Get information on the application process, financial aid, and more.
View more about First-Time Students.

Transferring Students

Are you transferring from another college? There are specifics steps that can make the process easier.
View more about Transferring Students.

Post-Secondary Enrollment Option

If you are in high school and interested in getting a jump-start on college, enroll in the PSEO program, and earn college credit and high school credit simultaneously!
View more about Post-Secondary Enrollment Option.

International Students

International applicants who are not permanent residents or citizens of the United States may be considered for admission upon submission of academic credentials, financial ability and English proficiency. If you would like to attend PTC and you currently reside in another country, you need to apply using the application process for international students.
View more about International Students.

Career Tools

Unsure about your career direction? Undecided in your major? Wondering if a career in healthcare, business or industry is right for you? Helpful tools to navigate you through career and program decision-making.
View more about Career Tools.

About Transferring

Pine Technical College considers courses for transfer from colleges and universities that have been accredited by their regional associations. Transfer credit also may be considered for courses taken at institutions that lack regional accreditation but have been accredited by specialized agencies or at institutions outside the United States that have been chartered or authorized by their national governments. In general, transfer credit is considered only for courses that fulfill Pine Technical College graduation and program requirements and have been completed with a grade of C or better. Grades of transfer courses are not included in the student's grade-point average (GPA). For PTC's Transfer Procedure, more about specific types of courses that transfer into PTC (general education courses, technical/occupational courses, developmental courses, etc.), information about Transfer Maximum, articulation agreements and more, visit the Transfer Information page.

The Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC)

PTC's Minnesota Transfer Curriculum is the result of a collaborative effort by all of the two-and four-year public colleges and universities in Minnesota to define a common philosophy toward general education. The goal of this effort is to help students transfer their work in general education. Completion of a defined transfer curriculum at one institution enables a student to receive credit for all lower-division general education upon admission to any other institution. For more information regarding program transfer, visit www.mntransfer.org.

Student Appeals

There is a two-level process through which students may appeal transfer decisions made by Pine Technical College regarding courses completed within the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) system. Students will need to complete the Student Petition and contact the Dean of Student Affairs.

Note to those whose native language is not English

A lack of English skills will not be a barrier to college admissions and participation. A list of interpreters and/or translators. For more information, contact Student Affairs, 320-629-5100.