We've moved!

We're happy to announce that with the change to Pine Technical & Community College, our website has moved to www.pine.edu!

We recommend updating your bookmarks to the new domain. We'll be phasing out our pinetech.edu domain in the coming months and the information below may not be current.

Go to the new website now!

Requesting Official Transcripts

Requesting an Official Transcript

An official transcript is the college's certified statement of your academic record. The official transcript is printed on security-sensitive paper and contains the college seal and signature of the college Registrar. For your protection, PTC will not release an official transcript without the student's signature.

Notes about requesting your transcript...

-- Due to the vulnerability of e-mail attachments, requests will NOT be accepted through e-mail.
-- Official transcripts will NOT be distributed by fax.
-- Students must order official transcripts using the Transcript Request Form for Non-MnSCU schools only.
(List of all MnSCU institutions.)

Situations that will prevent PTC from processing your transcript request

-- Financial holds
-- No signature on request
-- Insufficient, inaccurate, or illegible identification information
-- Insufficient payment, an expired or declined credit card account, an improperly completed check

A note about paying for your official transcript with a credit card

PTC does not take credit card information over the telephone. An alternative is for the student to provide PTC written approval to use their card for the transaction. This Charge Authorization Form includes all the information a student will need to provide to pay for an official transcript with a credit card.

Unofficial Transcripts

An unofficial transcript bears the same information as an official transcript but is not printed on security-sensitive paper and does not bear the seal or the signature of the college registrar. Students may print their own unofficial transcripts via the student registration portal. For detailed instructions regarding how to view and print your unofficial transcript (and grades), visit the E-services page.

Enrollment and Degree Verifications

For official verification of degrees awarded by Pine Technical College, you may use the services of the National Student Clearinghouse, with which PTC has contracted to serve as our authorized agent. There is a nominal charge for the services provided by the Clearinghouse. If you are an employer or background-screening firm requesting this information, please contact the National Student Clearinghouse:

-- Web: www.degreeverify.com
-- Phone: 703-742-4200
-- Fax: 703-742-4239
-- E-mail: degreeverify@studentclearinghouse.org
-- Mail: National Student Clearinghouse, 13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300, Herndon, VA 20171

Continuing students and PTC alumni will most often use the official transcript as the primary document for degree verification. However, the services of the National Student Clearinghouse are available to students and alumni who prefer degree verification documents without the detail found on transcripts.