Child Care Aware Parent Services
Are you a parent looking for child care?
Selecting an early childhood professional is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. The healthy growth of your child depends upon the quality of his early experiences and the abilities of her care providers.
The good news is you are an expert on your own child's needs and we can help you get started. Select from the links below to start Learning about your options, how to Choose the right professional, and then begin your Search for finding top-notch care that will have a positive impact on your child's overall development.
Be sure to check out the new and rapidly expanding free service for Minnesota parents searching for high quality child care providers. Parent Aware. A rating tool for selecting high quality child care and early education.
Use our FREE internet-based search tool for finding high-quality child care in Minnesota or call to speak with one of our trained child care specialists. (888) 291-9811
Steps to Choosing and Using Child Care
1. Learn about the types of child care programs available:
- Licensed Family Child Care Homes
- Child Care Centers
- Unlicensed Family, Friends or Neighbors
- Preschool Programs
2. Search using our FREE internet-based search tool or speak with one of our trained child care specialists. (888) 291-9811
3. Reach out: call caregivers to check for openings. Telephone interview questions.
4. Visit programs and use our Choosing and Using Child Care Checklist to make the most of your visit.
5. Check references: other parents will share their experiences. Sample script.
6. Check licensing records: Check to be sure programs have a clean health and safety record.
7. Paying for Child Care: Use these resources to learn more.
8. Make your choice: Confirm your start date with your chosen care program.
9. Introduce your child to their new care setting. Making the transition to child care.
10. Monitor: keep in touch for peace of mind. Successful child care.